Thursday, December 10, 2009

Nuclear


This morning, I was overtaken by a stench so rotten, so foul, it made me gag. I heard the scrape, scrape, scraping of giant, fuzzy paws in the litter box, two rooms away. I tried to put it out of my mind - and nostrils - hoping the toxic cloud would dissipate.

It did not.

Leonidas produced a bowel movement so caustic, had he (and his nuclear progeny) been at Thermopylae, the Persians would have disintegrated on the spot.

I got out the biohazard suit and performed the extraction. I survived, but I think all my nasal hair fried off.

His diet hasn't changed, so I've no idea why this happened. Maybe he got into something left in the sink. Or he ate a bug....like a stink bug.

A really big stink bug.


1 comment:

Rear Spoke said...

I recently had a stink bug land on my neck. I reflexively took a slap at it and tossed it out the door. I don't think i killed it but my hand did smell so I think I got a whiff of stink bug stink.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. More acrid than nauseating like say a skunk.