Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hickory Dickory Dock. No Mouse And No Clock. But We Got Plenty Of Beer.....


The radio is constantly playing this "Tik Tok" song by a young whippersnapper called Kesha. I had to admit it had a hook. I almost liked it 'til I heard the rest of the song. Yeeeeesh:


"Before I leave, brush my teef with a bottle of Jack
'Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back"


Apparently she's not heard of tooth decay or toothpaste. And Jack? Seriously?


"Aint got a care in the world, but got plenty of beer
Aint got no money in my pocket, but I'm already here"


Okay. I can identify.......that's what we used to call freshman year in college.


"And now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger"

Swagger. It just sounds silly. Also, white girls should not use that word. Ever.


But seriously, I laughed out loud at the Mick Jagger reference:

"But we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger"

She wants guys that look like Mick Jagger? Really?? Has she seen Mick lately?




Actually, has she EVER seen Mick? I know he was a heartthrob back in the sixties and seventies, but even the twenty-something Mick is, well......ew.




And the last bit:

"Boys tryin' to touch my junk, junk"

Girls have “junk”? I thought only guys had junk.

I'm so confused.


No comments: