Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Brave Girl


My daughter and I went to see the movie Brave back in June. We both loved it.

A lot of critics didn't like it because they expected the usual evil monster/princess plot. I also read several articles where feminists railed against the whole Disney princess stuff holding back our girls. Nonsense. My girl was into princesses when she was small, still took up Tae Kwon Do, isn't afraid to stand up for herself and others, loves school, the violin, and most of all, her family. And that's what it's really about.

So even though Brave did have a monster, it wasn't the one critics expected. It's a movie about the special relationship between mothers and their teenage daughters. 

This is for MY brave girl today, as she goes on a little adventure of her own.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot CANNOT wait to see this movie with my girls! We are going next time we visit the states! I have been so excited since it was announced ages ago!

Unknown said...

It was just awesome - if you have girls you'll love it. We cried. But in a good way :)