Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dogs Are Weird



Or maybe it's just our dog.

I think he's a cross between a Papillon and a Border Collie. His ears are huge, he's considerably larger than any Papillon should be, and tends to "herd" us. But he's a very happy dog...




...and an oddball. He'll have a perfectly good bowl of kibble or soft food, yet he'd rather go outside and eat everything he can wrap his dog-lips around:

Sticks
Beetles
Leaves
Those clods of grass that fall off the mower
Moths
Dandelions
Dandelion puffs
Rabbit turds
Stink bugs
Dirt
Rocks
Dried worms on the driveway

I've read it's either an attention or boredom thing, or a massive case of pica. I'm leaning towards attention/boredom because he probably needs some longer daily walks.

With his interest in eating/attacking nature, I wish he'd get a taste for spiders. It's disgusting, but at least I could get behind that weirdness. Also, this was on the porch last night:



That sucker is about three inches across. I guess spider season has begun.


  

No comments: