Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Itchy and Scratchy

Hey folks! I know, I've been neglecting you again.

So I'm preparing for a visit from Sis and her kids. The spare room is prepared, towels have been washed (can't have funky towels), the house is mostly clean. So in about 8 hours, KITTENWATCH 2009 begins, as Leonidas will be very excited to meet new people (he's always excited to meet new people) and will have some new feet to attack. But, he must be watched, as he is quite small and not the 200 pound jungle cat he seems to think he is.

Dude has certainly been a handful – he loves the fridge and the pantry – once you open either one, he's instantly there, ready to pounce on some coffee filters, cereal boxes or last night's leftovers. He's actually more of a furry projectile rather than a kitten.

Also, I've forgotten how much kittens make me itch. I woke up last Friday with some kind of blepharitis/eye goo issue from scratching my eyes too aggressively. I spent the weekend cleaning my eyeballs out 6 times a day and coating them with petroleum jelly to keep the itch down. And moisturize. By the way, I highly recommend Aquaphor. Thankfully, it subsided by Sunday and I was able to get through the day without clawing at my face.

Because of this, I undid all the great work of my current face cream. For about 3 months now, I've been using some new stuff my dermatologist gave me (I might write about it later), that promotes new collagen. My skin looked fantastic, especially under my eyes. Now I've got all my creases and bags back.

And! As a special treat! I woke up today with several red, itchy bumps on my cheek. I can't tell if they're mosquito bites, or just red, scary zits. You know, the kind that lurk just under your skin and never come to a head. You can still feel the lump under your skin a few months after they disappear from the surface. I'm falling apart, I tell you.